Definition of a “Volunteer”
A “volunteer” is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the LEGION in support of the FESTIVAL. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the LEGION’s Volunteer Program prior to the performance of the task.
As a volunteer:
1. I will conduct myself in a respectful manner, exhibit good conduct, and be a positive role model.
2. I will display respect and courtesy for other employees, volunteers, program participants, visitors, clients and property.
3. I will provide a safe environment by not harming anyone in any way, whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, neglect, or other harmful actions.
4. I will respect the privacy of persons served by the organization and hold in confidence sensitive, private and personal information.
5. I will adhere to any and all tasks assigned to me during my volunteer shifts.
6. I will work cooperatively as a team member with employees and other volunteers.
7. I will keep personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of this organization.
8. I will avoid conduct, both on and off duty, which would jeopardize program effectiveness.
9. I will not use vulgar or inappropriate language.
10. I will not solicit gratuities, gifts or bequests for personal or professional benefit.
11. I will not use or be under the influence of illegal drugs.
12. I will not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or consume tobacco at the FESTIVAL.
13. I will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Service at the Discretion of the Organization
I understand that the LEGION accepts the service of all volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of the LEGION. I agree that either the LEGION or GALAXYCON may at any time, for whatever reason, decide to terminate my relationship with the FESTIVAL.
I understand that as a volunteer I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which I am exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, other person, the LEGION, GALAXYCON, or CONSULTANT. I understand that failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of my relationship with either the LEGION or GALAXYCON.
I grant and convey to the LEGION, GALAXYCON, and CONSULTANT all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by the LEGION, GALAXYCON, or CONSULTANT in connection with my providing volunteer services with the LEGION in support of the FESTIVAL.